Get professional water damage cleanup services in Avon Park
Cleaning up water damage involves working in a contaminated environment and requires the proper protective equipment, including gloves, respirators, and eye protection. Do you have the equipment, protective gear, or knowledge for water damage cleanup? Most homeowners do not.
That’s where Highlands County Restoration Pros come in. We offer:
- Flooded basement cleanup
- Carpet cleanup
- Flood damage cleanup
- Ceiling water damage cleanup
Our services are recommended by insurance companies and have been touted as the best in the business. We also have years of experience dealing with flooded basements, carpets, and walls.
Most importantly, we are IICRC-certified, so every step we take in cleaning up your property is up to industry standards and professional training. So give us a call today to learn more about water damage cleanup services.
Before putting a cleanup plan in place, it is important to understand the kind of water that has caused damage to your home.
- Black Water: It is considered contaminated and can contain dangerous bacteria, fungi, and other contaminants.
- Grey Water: It is not as contaminated as black water, but it still may contain contaminants that can cause health risks.
- Clean Water: Clean water is free of contaminants and considered to be safe.
Cleaning methods for different types of water damage
While extraction and general cleaning might work for clean water, this does not apply to gray or black water. Gray water generally has household chemicals and contaminants, so it must be handled cautiously.
Black water should be treated as a hazardous material, and only professionals trained in handling dangerous materials should handle it. More than merely removing it from the premises is required. It is also mandatory to cleanse the materials in that area. The air should also be filtered and cleaned to remove airborne contaminants.
How does mold form?
Mold growth is caused by excess moisture present in the environment due to water damage. If a leak has turned into something bigger or roofing damage has led water into your home, mold will grow in a day or two of water damage.
Common household mold species include Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Cladosporium. Mold is a massive health hazard as it causes respiratory problems. It may also lead to permanent structural damage if not treated properly and quickly.
Get in Touch With Us
Contact Highlands County Water Damage & Restoration today, please give us a call or complete our contact form! We will be more than happy to discuss all of your water damage concerns.
Causes of basement flooding and cleanup solutions
The basement might be out of sight, but it is not in harm’s way. Basements are prone to flooding and water damage, especially during the rainy season.
What causes the basement to flood?
Your basement may flood for several reasons. For example, suppose the sump pump or downspouts fail to work. In that case, water will accumulate around the foundation and find its way into your basement.
Heavy rain or snow can also cause the basement to flood. Again, the problem worsens if your roof is damaged, as it will let in more water. In the same way, if you have not waterproofed your basement, water will enter through the cracks in the foundation.
How does basement flooding affect your home?
When your basement floods, the whole house’s structure is at risk. The basement is the closest to the foundation, and if the water reaches that level, it can weaken the design of your home.
A flooded basement also becomes the hotbed for mold. If you store your seasonal clothing or other items in the basement, they may also be damaged by mold and mildew.
How urgent is basement cleanup after water damage?
Due to its proximity to the foundation, a flooded basement should be cleaned up immediately. If your basement has flooded, give us a call at Highlands County Restoration Pros.
We’re always available for water damage cleanup, thanks to our 24/7 emergency services. Additionally, we bring our industry-standard equipment, including vacuums, pumps, fans, and dehumidifiers, to dry and clean your basement. Fill out the form on our website to get in touch with a specialist.
Reliable flood damage cleanup services
A natural disaster, such as a storm or a flood, can disrupt many aspects of your life, including your home. If your home has sustained flood damage, you must call a professional as soon as it is safe to return to your abode.
What does flood water contain?
Floodwater contains biological contaminants such as human, animal, or plant waste. However, it also has dangerous pollutants like chemicals and petrochemicals. Prolonged contact with flood water can cause health risks due to the pathogens breeding in dirty water. Suppose your home is close to industrial areas. In that case, the water can also contain dangerous chemicals released as by-products in the manufacturing sector.
How to deal with flood water damage
Do yourself a favor and stay away from floodwater. From broken glass and open wires to biological waste, floodwater is an accident waiting to happen.
The right approach is to call a professional who knows what they are doing. At Highlands County Restoration Pros, we have a team of water damage cleanup experts who spend their days cleaning water damage.
Since we’re fully trained and follow safety guidelines set by the IICRC, we can help you with complete flood damage cleanup and restoration services. Get in touch via the form on our website to get started.
State-of-the-art water damage cleanup tools
One of the topmost benefits of hiring a professional for water damage cleanup is that they bring specialized equipment for safe and efficient cleanup. At Highlands County Restoration Pros, we have a collection of air scrubbers, dehumidifiers, air-filtration devices, and recent technology that we use to perfect cleanup at your property. Here are some tools we use:
- Thermo-hygrometer: A hygrometer measures the humidity of air and temperature. It is essential in water damage restoration, as it tells us if the environment is conducive to microbial growth.
- Truck-mounted extractor: A truck-mounted extractor is a powerful machine that helps extract water from carpets and upholstery. We use it to remove flood water from your home’s basement and other parts.
- Motorized submersible pumps: When water damage is extensive, we use motorized submersible pumps to remove water from the premises. These pumps help extract large amounts of water as they push water to the surface. The hermetically sealed motor helps in the extraction process.
- Dehumidifiers: We use commercial-grade dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture from carpets, furniture, and walls. Our dehumidifiers work to keep the relative humidity of your home’s air between 35 percent and 50 percent so that it is low enough to prevent mold growth but not so low that it damages other materials in the home.
- Industrial wet vacuum: Our industrial wet vacuums extract water from hard surfaces such as floors, walls, and other areas that are difficult to reach. We only use HEPA-certified vacuums.
- Disinfectants: After water extraction, we use professional-grade detergents and disinfectants to clean surfaces affected by water damage. These solutions help remove bacteria, fungi, and other harmful microorganisms. However, they are safe and non-toxic, so they do not affect your family.
Restoration solutions for carpet water damage
When a carpet is exposed to water damage, its fibers can become weak and discolored, losing strength and softness. The color can also be affected by mildew or mold, which can thrive in damp conditions. In some cases, the damage is so severe that the carpet cannot be repaired and must be replaced entirely. But how do you know when to do that? Let our professionals at Highlands County Restoration Pros help.
We start the carpet cleaning process using advanced drying equipment to remove excess moisture. Then, we shampoo the carpet to remove any dirt left behind. After that, we vacuum it thoroughly and then use a dehumidifier to ensure no remaining moisture. It is beyond repair if your carpet is moldy or has sustained too much damage. It is time for a replacement!
Cleaning water damage is not like painting your fence or washing your car. It is a delicate process that requires specialized equipment and experienced professionals. It can also be quite dangerous if gray or black water is involved.
Let our restoration pros take care of it for you!
At Highlands County Restoration Pros, we have everything it takes for an efficient water damage cleanup job – cutting-edge equipment, trained professionals, 24-availability, and tons of positive testimonials.
Call us today to speak to a representative about our water damage repair and cleanup services for homeowners in Avon Park, FL.